Exterior paint colors, landscaping and fences are three architectural rules often debated in homeowners associations. How can you make sure your HOA and condo rules are clear of controversy and designed to preserve your community?
- Adopt design guidelines that are legally valid and enforceable
- Notify new homeowners of the architectural rules as soon as they move in
- Issue periodic reminders to all homeowners in your community
- Communicate association design review guidelines by sharing them electronically or in a flyer
- Process design review applications in a timely, fair and reasonable manner
HOAresources.com explores questions and comments from community association members living in condominiums, homeowners associations, and housing cooperatives. We then assemble trusted experts to provide practical solutions to your most commonly asked, timely questions. We never use real names, but we always tackle real issues. Have a question or comment about your community association? Submit here for consideration:
Join CAI’s online community for access to the industry’s most in-demand community association resources.
Thousands of your peers are sharing advice.